Alan Cunningham draws upon his experiences as a planner and the evidence from successful developments as he proposes a nationwide geographic plan for the USA that will allow walking, biking and transit to flourish alongside traffic.
9781906860288 | Published: March 2019 | UIT Cambridge
This book uniquely covers both the physics of photovoltaic (PV) cells and the design of PV systems for real-life applications.
9781906860325 | Published: February 2016 | UIT Cambridge
Sustainable Materials without the hot air - Making buildings, vehicles and products efficiently and with less new materialBy Julian Allwood and Jonathan Cullen
This optimistic and richly-informed book evaluates all the options and explains how we can greatly reduce the amount of material demanded and used in manufacturing, while still meeting everyone's needs.
9781906860301 | Published: September 2015 | UIT Cambridge
In this book, Steve Melia dispels long-standing transport myths, looks at the successes of London and other UK and continental cities in providing 21st century transport and suggests solutions for a sustainable future.
- Urban Transport without the hot air - Volume 1: Sustainable solutions for UK cities
- Drugs Without the Hot Air - Minimising the harms of legal and illegal drugs
- Sustainable Materials without the hot air - Making buildings, vehicles and products efficiently and with less new material
- Solar Energy - The physics and engineering of photovoltaic conversion, technologies and systems
- The Cambridge Art Book - The city through the eyes of its artists
- The Fall and Rise of Nuclear Power in Britain - A history
- Sustainable Energy - without the hot air
- Energy and Carbon Emissions - the way we live today
- Nuclear 2.0 - Why a green future needs nuclear power
- Pass the Bike Test (and be a great rider too!) - Your real-world survival guide to a great first year in biking