Publicity and marketing - Part-time Position
If you are hungry to succeed and prepared to work hard and be well rewarded for your efforts, then we can offer you a great opportunity to progress in publishing with training and support.
UIT is a successful independent publisher based in Cambridge, with two separate and well-respected imprints. UIT Cambridge specialises in popular science, using the series name ‘without the hot air’, and Green Books has a decades long reputation for books on sustainability.
We are looking for an experienced Publicity and Marketing person to help us continue our growth and success and build closer relationships with the book trade, the media, our readers and authors.
You will manage or be involved in:
- Writing promotional copy for the trade, the media and advertisers and ensuring timely and accurate publicity data is available to them.
- Liaising with booksellers and the trade with ongoing promotion of new and backlist titles.
- Setting up book launches and events, liaising with authors and attending Book Fairs.
- Writing and despatch of online and conventional marketing, including newsletters, our websites, blogs, catalogues and book covers.
- Building up our publicity and marketing contacts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good educational qualifications of any discipline.
- Strong IT skills, experience of Indesign, Excel, html, familiarity with social networks
- A good command of English and an ability to write copy accurately and with style.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Possessing high standards and an eye for detail
- Able to plan and work independently and use initiative, but also able to take direction and be part of a small team
Applicants who have already worked in publishing will ideally also have:
- Proven experience of promoting non-fiction titles successfully.
You will work closely with the Publisher and with the Sales Director on all aspects of your work.
How to apply
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th April 2019
- A cover letter, outlining what you want to achieve in your career, why you are suited to this job, and anything else you think is important.
- Your salary expectations.
- Your CV, giving full educational qualifications and details of all work to date.
If you are a freelance editor, designer, proofreader or indexer with experience in trade non-fiction then we will be happy to add you to our database for consideration for projects in the future. If you would like to be added to our database then please email email@example.com with your CV.