Alternative DNS Servers
Choice and deployment, and optional SQL/LDAP back-ends
By (author) Jan Piet Mens
Biographical note (a single note referring to all contributors to a product – see PR.8.17 for a biography which is linked to a single contributor)
After an apprenticeship at Nixdorf Computer AG, Jan-Piet Mens worked for five years as a trainer at a Nixdorf education centre in Wiesbaden, Germany, teaching courses to customers and employees.
Since 1988 he has been an independent consultant. He specializes in Internet technologies, especially e-mail systems, LDAP, DNS, Web, and Lotus Notes & Domino. For the past few years he has been consulting for a large European company, where he has designed and implemented a corporate DNS infrastructure as well as world-wide e-mail, and multi-continent LDAP services.
Jan-Piet is Dutch. He was born in Colombia, and lived in Spain for 11 years before moving to France and finally to Germany.
- Urban Transport without the hot air - Volume 1: Sustainable solutions for UK cities
- Drugs Without the Hot Air - Minimising the harms of legal and illegal drugs
- Sustainable Materials without the hot air - Making buildings, vehicles and products efficiently and with less new material
- Solar Energy - The physics and engineering of photovoltaic conversion, technologies and systems
- The Cambridge Art Book - The city through the eyes of its artists
- The Fall and Rise of Nuclear Power in Britain - A history
- Sustainable Energy - without the hot air
- Energy and Carbon Emissions - the way we live today
- Nuclear 2.0 - Why a green future needs nuclear power
- The Oxford Art Book - The city through the eyes of its artists